Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Day at the Museum

We had winter break this past week. Dad was in Utah for a few days getting ready for his new job. After he got back, we went into the city, and had a great time at the Natural History Museum.

Playing on the steps in front.

Inside the Hall of African Mammals

Visiting the Dinosaurs

We found the backward pointing extension of the pubis bone absolutely fascinating.

We finally found the Easter Island Head. ("Dum-dum" to fans of "A Night at the Museum.")


It was a great day and we all fell asleep and snored like pirates on the way home. Thanks to our friends at Pure Gold for inspiring us!

5 comments:

Janice said...

I didn't realize you were coming back! How exciting.

amanda said...

Head of school? That is so cool! And I'm no fool...:) Seriously, Nadia, that is awesome! What an incredible opportunity for him and your family! Is this the school he was talking about a few years back as one he'd like to work at or am I thinking of something else? I am just so impressed. Tell Dan congratulations from us. When are you making the move? It'd be a shame not to see you before you go back. At least we can visit you when we visit Jordan's family in Lindon now. Wow, this is great news. You guys deserve it!

Raegan said...

No wonder you seem so chipper today! You are moving out of NYC! I'm totally bummed. All my favorite people move away... It's sad to know you'll be gone, but I'm very happy for you!

Grandma Jan said...

I'm so glad the Littlesmiths had their day at the Natural History Museum, even if it was without Grandma Jan!

goldmania said...

I'm glad you had such a fun time. I'm shocked that anyone actually looks at our boring blog, let alone gets inspired. JK :) You guys are awesome. We really need to do something at least once before we all move.