Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things


Three conversations that have taken place over the last little while.

1. In the car, while driving up to Grandma's house on a Sunday afternoon.
Norah: (hands clasped dramatically on her chest) "Mom, Dad, I can feel my heart pooping, for real!"
Dad: "Do you mean 'beating,' Norah?"
Norah: "Oh yeah, 'beating' not 'pooping.' Silly me."


2. In the bathroom, after a trip to the pool, as we wait for the bathwater to warm up.
Harry: (blue lips, shivering uncontrollably) "Why I am I always so cold after I go swimming?"
Mom: "Well, it's because you are so skinny. You don't have any fat on your bones to keep you warm."
Harry: "Wow Mom, you are REALLY LUCKY!" (the stinker)


3. In the car, yet again. The children are disagreeing about something.
Harry: "I know, we'll ask Mom and Dad to decide."
Norah: "No Harry, Mom and Dad are ineffective."
(A note from Mom: It is interesting to feel like you've had a knife to the gut at the precise moment that your heart swells with pride.)

1 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

No knife in the heart here. It's just pooping away in pride. Tee hee.